Cascading Style Sheets, or CSS, is how we control what a website looks like, including colors, layouts, fonts, and more!
This course covers the basics of CSS. CSS is one of the major components in web development and web design. It allows us to control how our site and/or application will look. With CSS, we can control things like the layout, colors, and font sizes.
We’ll cover the basics of CSS, including how it works, how to make changes to the visuals of your site, and even get into some semi-advanced techniques for controlling your content.
- 9 external resource files
- 5 practice exercises to help you master the basics
What You’ll Learn:
- CSS Terminology
- Inline Styles
- Style Tags
- CSS Files
- Basic Selectors
- IDs and Classes
- Combination Selectors
- Pseudo Selectors
- Starter Rules
- Basic Layout: Block, Inline, Inline-Block, Float, Clear
- Advanced Layout: Absolute, Relative, Fixed
- Centering Techniques: Inline, Horizontal Margin, Vertical
- Block Formatting Context
- CSS Specificity
- And More!