Disclosure: We are a professional review site that receives compensation from the companies whose products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
Writing fantasy: The step-by-step method to writing a believable and compelling world that will enchant your readers
As a fantasy writer, you want to take your readers to exotic places like they’ve never seen before, a world of wonder that they want to get lost in.
Here at the World Building Workshop for Fantasy Writing, that’s my aim. By the end of this course, you will have created a believable and compelling world that your readers will want to get lost in again and again.
“The World Building Workshop for Fantasy Writing” is taught by me, Jason Link, the author of the Legender series, an epic adventure that Publishers Weekly calls a grand fairytale.
For the last 20 years I have been practicing the art of world building in fantasy literature, and in this course, I share with you the insights I’ve gained on that journey. Years and years of research compiled in one place.
The massive task of world building has been broken down into manageable chunks and follows a logical flow.
In this course, you will…
- map out your world — natural features (mountains, rivers, forests, etc.) and people made features (countries, cities, and roads)
- plan out your world’s timeline to get the big picture of your world’s story
- create fantastic creatures that survive in your world’s habitats
- develop peoples and races and establish their societies and cultures
- form a healthy relationship between your world and your story
- learn crucial concepts used all throughout the world building process
- learn how to establish rules for your world so your world is more believable
- learn how to create a world of depth so your world is more compelling
- learn how to create meaningful names for the various people, places, and things in your world
By the end of this course, you will have a believable and compelling world that will enchant your readers.