A fun way to improve your spoken English pronunciation and fluency.
Nursery rhymes are an easy and fun way to learn English. They help you practise your English pronunciation and improve your fluency in speaking English.
Have Fun Practising Speaking English.
- Learn more English words: build your English vocabulary.
- Practice English word patterns.
- Build confidence in speaking English.
- Find fun ways to use the English language.
- Speak English fluently!
Nursery rhymes are an easy and fun way to learn to speak English.
Nursery rhymes are short, little stories that all native English speakers learn when they are children. They are taught them by their parents and grandparents and will also play games based on the nursery rhymes at school and in the playground.
Therefore, every native English speaker that you may meet, will know these nursery rhymes!
Knowing these rhymes will give you something in common with any native English speaker that you might meet and therefore a common cultural link which will help you form friendships!
Most of all, nursery rhymes are a fun way to practice speaking the English language.
Listen and Repeat
This course uses the tried and tested, successful method of learning to speak English:
Listen and Repeat!
- You will listen to each nursery rhyme in short, entertaining videos.
- You will then practise speaking each nursery rhyme.
- It is extremely important, that you practise speaking out loud.
- Speaking out loud fixes the language patterns, pronunciation and vocabulary in your brain!
You may notice that each of the nursery rhymes often has an associated tune or a particular rhythm which is learnt alongside it.
Some of the rhymes also have actions!
Some of the nursery rhymes are naturally spoken quite quickly. We have included a slow version for if you have difficulty following the normal speed version.
- Practise speaking English in the same way that native English speakers learn.
- Improve your pronunciation, tone, rhythm and fluency.