Become an advanced JS developer from scratch & learn to build apps using prototypes, inheritance, closures and more.
If any of the above sounds like you, listen carefully:
Here’s the thing…
Trust me, I know this because when I got started in programming, this is exactly what I did. And soon, I realized the problem:
No wonder when I first started reading a JS tutorial, I didn’t understand a thing!
But that’s not all…
And that is, how to use the language.
That is often the hardest, most challenging (and also the most exciting :D) part of a developers job: tackling a problem, thinking creatively and coming up with a solution to that problem, and implementing that solution in the form of code.
In short, a great programmer knows how to think like one.
We’re not done yet…
But real experts stand out because of their advanced-level knowledge, deep understanding of the language and amazing ability to solve problems.
But I knew there must be a solution, and that’s why I created ExpertJS.
With this course, my goal was to solve all 3 of these problems.
First of all, I knew this course needs to be both easy to understand and consume. That’s why this course contains 16+ hours of video lectures which beautifully present the code and content.
I broke down even the most complicated and advanced-level topics in a simple, easy-to-understand format so you won’t get bored or confused.
As for making sure you don’t only learn the language, but also understand how to use it, I dedicated a whole video to tell you exactly what a programmer/developer is, what they do and what skills they must have.
You’ll also learn how to think creatively, break down problems and come up with solutions. You’ll also learn how to document code, debug errors, use Developer Tools and more.
But perhaps most importantly, you’ll find coding session videos where I’ll jump into my code editor, actually write code, tell you about my thought process and build working applications.
So what exactly will you learn from this course?
Specifically, you’ll learn and understand:
- What a JS programmer is and what they do, how you can think creatively and solve problems, and how to document and debug your code.
- How to actually write code & build applications by showing you the complete development process & workflow of 2 different JS apps that we’ll build from scratch.
- How you can add dynamic logic and behavior to your application by using conditionals like if…else and switch.
- How you can build apps where the same or similar code is repeated multiple times using loops like for and while.
- What functions are, how you can use them to write better code by reusing functionality, and how rest parameters, recursive functions, and the arrow function syntax work.
- How you can use objects to build better applications, how they work, why they are more important than they seem, and how to work with properties and methods.
- How you can build and manage bigger, more complex applications effectively using Object-oriented Programming (OOP), constructor functions, the prototype chain and object inheritance.
- How you can change and update the user interface using the Document Object Model, and how you can create, edit and remove HTML elements and change CSS styles.
- How you can build more user-interactive web applications using event listeners to react and run code based on actions, and how to deal with the event object, default behaviors and event propagation.
Still not convinced yet? Here’s what you’ll get when you enroll:
- 15 Core Modules
- 37 Video Lectures
- 16+ Hours of Content
- 7 Quizzes with 36 multiple choice questions
- Udemy’s 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Lifetime access with full HD videos, quizzes, and coding sessions
- Help and assistance in the course Q&A
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long do I have to complete this class after I enroll?
A: You can take as long as you want! Once you enroll, you have access to all current and future content, forever for no extra payment or monthly charges. So you can learn at your own pace, we’re not in a hurry!
Q: How long will it take to finish this course?
A: This course itself has more than 15 hours of video content, plus quizzes and assignments. So if you’re studying full-time (8 hours/day), you can theoretically complete it within a day or two. But I don’t recommend that. It’s better to take it slow, and complete the course within 2 weeks or so. But ultimately it’s up to you and how you prefer learning.
Q: Is this course recommended for beginners?
A: Absolutely! I took extra care to make sure this course would be easy to understand and follow, even if you’re a complete beginner with no previous experience in programming. Even as we dive into the more complex and advanced-level content, I try to break the complicated parts down in a plain and simple language. So don’t worry, you don’t have to be tech savvy or have any previous experience.