Practical guide how to create a killer presentation efficiently
What is the aim of this course?
As a business analyst or management consultant you are delivering your advices, observation and analyses using presentations. On some projects you may be producing as much as 200-300 slides. Slide preparation is very time-consuming and you have to make sure that you structure you work properly to deliver according to promised deadlines.
In this course you will learn how to prepare a great presentation for your customer that will help you deliver your thoughts in a coherent manner and win him over. I will teach you how to prepare the the presentation in the right order so you do not waste your time. You will also learn what type of slides you can consider and when you should use a specific type of slide.
This course is based on my 12 years of experience as a consultant in top consulting companies and as a Board Member responsible for strategy, improvement and turn-arounds in biggest companies from FMCG, SMG, B2B sector that I worked for. I have not only delivered presentations on numerous projects myself but I was also receiving presentations from consulting companies such as PwC, BCG, McKinsey, EY, Accenture, OCC as a Board Member in many companies. I have seen the process of preparing and delivering presentations form all angles. On the basis of what you will find in this course and I have trained over 100 business analysts and consultants who now are Investment Directors, Senior Analyst, Directors in Consulting Companies, Board Members etc.
I teach through cases, using 80/20 rule so most of the lectures will be case studies showing examples of how to put something on a slide. Those slides are based on real life examples. You will also learn the order in which you should do things in order to deliver nice, coherent, understood by your customer presentations within the deadlines. To every lecture you will also find attached additional resources. Thanks to this, as a part of this course you will also get a library of ready-made materials that will help you in your first year as a business analyst / junior consultant.
Why I decided to create this course?
Presentations are not something people learn in school or even universities. For most people it is difficult to read presentations and to express themselves using slides. Many people, experience also in the beginning problems in proper structuring of the whole presentation. They cannot make it understandable for the customer and quite often the presentation lacks the flow. The biggest problem in consulting is that the presentation is determining the analyses that you have to make. If your presentation draft is not well structured and though-through you will not be efficient with interviews, data gathering and analyses. Therefore, I found it critical to teach all my co-workers and employees how to express themselves. In this way I made their work (not only related to presentation) much more efficient and also my life much easier 🙂 . Learn from this course and apply it also in your work
In what way will you benefit from this course?
The course is a practical, step by step guide loaded with tones of cases, tricks, hints that will significantly improve the speed with which you work. You will learn how to prepare a great presentation both for internal as well as external purposes. There is little theory – mainly examples, a lot of tips from my own experience as well as other notable examples worth mentioning. My intention is that thanks to the course you will know:
- How to structure the subject that the presentation is addressing?
- In what order you should approach the preparation of the presentation?
- How to prepare the sketch and the template of the presentation?
- What type of slides and when you can use?
You can also ask me any question either through the discussion mode or by messaging me directly.
How the course is organized?
The course is divided currently in 7 sections and I will be adding new section to address other important issues. Currently you will find the following sections:
- Introduction. We begin with little intro into the course as well as some general info on the role of presentation in consulting and when you actually prepare presentations
- Creating the template. In the second section how to go from general idea (i.e. from an issue tree) to a sketch and how to transform the sketch into a template
- Filling in the slides. In the next section I will talk about general rules concerning the filling-in the slides, the flow that you achieve and how different is the template vs the end-product
- Delivery of the presentation. In section 4 we will talk briefly about the delivery of the presentation: how to do it and how different is the written presentation from the presentation that can be delivered to audience.
- Types of charts you can use. In section 5 I will go through many types of slides and will show you what you can use for a specific purpose
- Example of presentations. In the next section I show examples of real presentations and will discuss what I have structured them in such a way.
We will be adding new lectures in the coming months
You will be able also to download many additional resources
- Templates of slides
- Example of presentation show in the course
- Links to additional presentations and movies
- Links to books worth reading
At the end of my course, students will be able to…
- Create a great presentation in the style of top consulting firms
- Understand the main challenges in preparing the management consulting presentation
- Express yourself with slides
- Read presentation
- Create the flow in the story told via presentation