Discover how to create a powerful mailing list and sales funnel for your website, blog or brand.
List building is one of the most important components to creating a successful website, blog, brand or business on the internet. T
he sad truth is that more than 70% of the people that come to your site for the first time are going leave and never come back.
This is simply due to there being way too much content on the internet and people easily forget where they’ve been. The only way for you to keep this audience coming back time and time again is through the use of an email list and newsletter.
Good news! As one of the top bloggers in the world today, I know what it takes to grow a large mailing list and set up the necessary call to actions on your site that get people to subscribe fast. Gone are the days when a simple subscription form on the side of your page works. Now it’s all about giving away something for free, having exciting email subscription forms and also using popup windows and exit-intent windows to get a visitor to take action before leaving your site.
Even more exciting news, this is going to be easy enough for anyone to set up themselves. Starting a list or newsletter of your own is very simple, fast and affordable. All it takes is getting set up with a list hosting service and connecting a few plugins and widgets to your site. These are all things that I cover within the video tutorials. Also, remember that that is “List Building 101“, so we aren’t going to be covering extremely detailed or advanced topics — just the basics of what you need to get started with your own list.
Let’s take a look at the different topics covered in this list building course.
Introduction to List Building
- Why Your Site, Blog or Brand Needs a Mailing List – Many people think just having a website or blog is more than enough. In actuality, it’s just the beginning. In this first video I walk through the basics of email marketing and list building, while also showing while it’s one of the most important things every site owner and brand needs to set up from day one.
- How a eMail Marketing and Mailing List Work – Just like a website or blog has web hosting, a mailing list needs to have a list hosting service. This service is in place to collect all of the information from email subscribers, while also giving the list owner the ability to send out mailings and monitor how many people are opening, clicking and unsubscribing from such lists.
- Choosing the Best List Hosting Provider – When it comes time to choose a list hosting provider, you will have a few options to choose from. For the most part, they all fall in the same price and service range. In this video I will provide you with each of the options available and do a short comparison on each.
- Setting Up Your First Mailing List – After setting up your list hosting service, it’s then time to go live with a mailing list in your account. Once this is done, you can add a subscription form to your site and start collecting email. List hosting providers will allow you to create as many mailing lists as you like.
- Mailing List Subscription Form Creation – To get visitors to your website or blog subscribed to your mailing list, you are going to need to add a subscription form to your site. This is easy enough through most list hosts, as they will provide you with an HTML code or an easy to setup WordPress plugin.
- Creating Your First Autoresponder Series – Autoresponders are one of the most effective ways to grow and manage your mailing lists and content. Instead of having to send out a mailing list manually, you can set up a one time autoresponder series that will do all of the work for you. This is one of the top secret methods being used by top bloggers and marketers in the world today.
- Best Methods for Growing a Mailing List – Don’t settle for just adding a subscription form to the sidebar menu of your site. Increase subscriptions to your mailing list by using popup windows, exit popups, call to actions, giving away free ebooks and much more. In this video I provide you with a wide range of working methods to try out on your own site.
- Examples of Top Sites Using Newsletter Popups – If you want to grow your email list like some of the biggest sites in the world, you need to know how they are growing theirs. In this last introduction video I show you how some of the top blogs and brands in the world today are using popup windows and software like OptinMonster and PopupDomination to grow their mailing lists like crazy.
Section: 2 — Expert Interviews & Resources
- How John Chow Creates his Mailing Lists and Sales Funnels – John Chow is currently generating over six figures per month with his blog. This is mainly due to the massive growth of his mailing list and autoresponder series. In this video interview, I talk with John and we discuss the best working methods for growing a mailing list.
- Syed Balkhi’s Best Tips for Mailing List Signups and Blog Monetization – As the co-founder and creator of Optin-Monter, Syed Balkhi knows what it takes to create powerful subscription forms and call to actions that make people want to join your mailing list. In this video interview, I sit down with Syed to discuss why popup windows and effective call to actions are so important for the growth of a website and it’s mailing list.
- What Happens in an Internet Minute – In this fun and interactive video, I break down the internet into 60 seconds. Did you ever wonder how many emails are sent out, logins are made into Facebook, YouTube video views happen in a single minute on the internet? After watching this video, you will know the answers — all while making yourself a more powerful and effective marketer in the process.
- My Recommended Blogging Tools and Resources – Throughout this list building course I mention a lot of tools, resources and references. Be sure to check this last video for detailed information on where you can find everything that was mentioned in the course.